Friday, October 13, 2006

What a Week

Is it just more or does it sound like everyone has had quite a week!! Glad it's Friday. So far this week I have made 3 Pumpkin cakes. Oh yeah. I have leftovers if you want some more!!! Todd & I have had people at our house for the past 3 days. UFC on Tuesday (awesome funness) Poker on Wednesday (oh yes I brought home the winner jackpot) Hotel Fergantor last night. It's always fun to enjoy company. But the week is not over yet! Tonight we kick off the volleyball league at church. Gotta buy some knee pads today...bruises are not cool on the ole knees. Tomorrow Todd & I have a softball tourney (burr) but I heard today they are having troubles finding enough teams...so we might not be playing. Oh well that's ok, it's been a while since I swung a bat.

For all the travelers this weekend have a wonderful safe trip!

For Angela and anyone else who loves my pumpkin cake and wants the recipe...here it is! You can use 4 full eggs but I try to cut the calories and fat so I use 3 egg whites and 1 full egg. It's still good!

Pumpkin Cake

3 Egg Whites
1 Full Egg
1 can Evaporated Milk
¾ cup Sugar
¾ cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 tsp Cinnamon
½ tsp Nutmeg
2 cans Pumpkin

--Mix all ingredients together. Place in 9x13 cake pan.

1 pkg Yellow Cake Mix
1 stick Butter (melted)
--Sprinkle cake mix on top of pumpkin mixture in pan. Pour melted butter over cake mix. Bake 58 minutes at 350˚.

Todd, the 58 minutes is for you my dear!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paige, you are awsome! I am so happy that you posted your yummy pumpkin cake recipe. It is the best pumpkins stuff that I have ever tasted...right up there with Bonnie's pumpkin goodness. Which if you have never had it, that is quite the compliment. Thanks for sharing my friend!

Todd said...

Are you sure it is not 57 minutes? Either way it is totally fantabulous. And pppppllllleeeeeeeaaaaassssseeeeee let softball tomorrow be cancled. I am really excited to try your new chili recipe. Yummy goodness in my tummy.

Paige Ferg said...

softball is canceled...but my Mom needs me for an open house for the Florist Store. Anyone what to travel to Cabool with me tomorrow and work at a florist. I leave at 8 Sat morning. Call me! Maybe chili on Sunday?!