Monday, September 25, 2006

Garage Sales vs Auctions

I wish I could be telling you all that the auction was a success. But I cain't (yes, not can't, but cain't). It rained all night, not just rain but STORMED. And it rained until 10 or so. So the amount of people to buy at the auction was slim. The house and the business building didn't sell. That's right DID NOT sell. God must have a different plan for us, we just don't know yet. The only good thing about the auction is that all the stuff is gone. The house, barn, and store is cleared out.
So to my title. Garage Sales vs Auctions. Never have an auction (you don't have any control over the price, and if it sells for $1 you can't do anything about it. even if you bought it for $200. And you have to pay out 15% commission to the auctioneers and you have to pay for advertising). Have Garage Sales, yes it is a lot of work (not as much work as an auction), have a GS every other year. Have a GS with friends. Have a GS in a good location. OR just give it away!
The weiner roast was a lot of fun. Christina and Teresa shot a pistol. I shot a riffle and hit 2 out of 6 clay pigeons. Wyatt and Todd shot like crazy and hit just about all of 'em. Good 'ole boyz, I tell ya.
I too am excited about fall. It is time to snuggle with the one you love!! yeehaw

2 comments:

Andy said...

Sorry to hear about the auction not going off too great. I am glad some of the stuff sold. I'm also glad you made it aware you knew you were saying ain't, because before you wrote that you knew, I stopped on the word and thought...did she know she wrote that? That's what Cabool does to a person. I'm really sad we missed the weekend. :( It sounds like it was awesome. Maybe we can just shoot some guns at your house next time I'm there?!

Christina said...

YAY!! The auction rocked!! We LOVE the goods we bought! I'm sorry it was a little discouraging, but you are correct my young friend, God does have something else in mind for your wonderful family!! His timing is perfect, all the time!! It was so much fun to be a "part" of your family for a day!! You have a great family!! Thanks for sharing that with us!! We look forward to the next time we get to visit the good 'ole family cabin with you all!! What a cool place, what cool people, what a blessing!!