Thursday, September 14, 2006

Eating Right

Eating right, what a concept. Unfortunately too many people don't understand the right methods. That would include me!! I like to think I am eating right...or at least eating better. I know the foods that are good for me, and the foods to stay far far away from. However I think it is the willpower one possesses to actually do the right thing when it comes to not eating cheesecake even when it has strawberries on it. When I go for dessert (on my free day) I go all out. I'm talkin' chocolate brownies, chocolate pie, mud pie brownie ice cream, anything chocolate. Yes, if you were wondering I love chocolate. And yes, I get a free day during my dieting days to eat whatever I want. Trust me I won't go crazy...well maybe sometimes. Ok so what I do to help me eat the right things is keep a journal of the intake of foods (energy) and the outtake of calories called exercise. Keeping track really isn't as hard as I thought it might be. I am using a website called www.my-calorie-count.com and it makes it ten times easier. For all the foods I didn't know the nutrition facts on, this website has that info. So at the end of the day I can see how much fat I ate (yum) and my daily calories. So I have all my facts about me on this free website, I'm talkin' my weight, height, age, and yes measurements. I encourage you all to check out that website. It tells you how many calories you can lose playing tennis, walking, playing golf, etc. Pretty neat stuff.
Also, my husband is in this competition with Adam and since it started I have lost 3 pounds. So thank you boys for competing. You have encouraged me to do the same. Being Healthy is Awesome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading Adam's, Todd's and your blog I really feel compelled to live healthier. You're like a trio of Tony Robbins's...is..sss. I missed that day in English when we studied apostrophes and words ending in s.

Anyway, you three have really helped keep me entertained after Carlye goes to bed. Thanks.

And, let me just say one more thing... chocolate, yum.

Adam Harshman said...

Sweet, I'm going to check that website out. Hah! now I have one more weapon in my lard fighting arsenal to beat your husband and take over the world!

Adam Harshman said...

Hey Paige, it's www.my-calorie-counter.com you left off a couple letters. Thought you might want to know.