Friday, September 01, 2006

Are you guilty of walking by someone at the mall or the grocery store and giving them a slight smile and a "silent" hi? Ok so why do we do that? We don't know the person, we really don't care about them. Why do we feel like we need to smile and say hi? Maybe it's b/c we feel like being nice, or maybe we think if we pay attention to people we don't know we are doing a good deed.

Ok so for my next question. Since we smile at people we don't know. Why don't we smile at people we DO know but just haven't seen them in a while? You have all done it. You've seen someone you went to school with or maybe even work with and you look the other way. I knew it you are smiling b/c you've done it and can only explain it with this statement. Well it's been a long time since we've seen eachother or have talked so why should I stand here by the produce and talk about life when we're not going to see eachother for another 2 years. So we dread the 5 minute conversation. Seriously how bad would it be to actually say "hi, how are you" and actually care to hear the answer.

My challenge for everyone is to care about other people. People you know and people you don't know. God says we should love our neighbors. Well I don't even know my neighbors...well maybe a couple. But I do try to smile and say hi to them. Maybe there wouldn't be so much violence in the world if everyone really cared for everyone else. Try putting your pride aside and be true to people. Stop being fake, and love people.

1 comment:

Adam Harshman said...

If I ever see you in the grocery store and I don't stop and say hi, feel free to chase me down and force me to be nice. If I see you chasing me and I start running the other way... take it personally.

Just kidding, I could never outrun you!