Thursday, September 10, 2009

343


Earlier this week Todd and I decided to take a little trip to New Orleans. We both scheduled to have the weekend off work together, but we didn't really know what we were going to do. Somehow a get-a-way to New Orleans was mentioned and next thing I know I was online looking up places to stay.

We arrived here around 9pm and we were hungry so we unloaded the car and headed out on foot. We ended up a few blocks away at Deanie's Seafood (it was suggested by the hotel employee). Surprisingly when the waiter brought us our drinks he also had a bowl of new potatoes. From a distance I honestly thought it was hushpuppies, but no potatoes. I've never been served potatoes as a "bread" dish before our food. We love potatoes so we dug right in. Todd took the first bite and he said it had a kick to it. I was like, "Welcome to New Orleans, Honey!" He's a real sissy when it comes to spicy food. So I took a bite, and wow it got hotter and hotter even after it went down. Wowzers, if it's hot to me, then Todd must be dying. Our meal was quite good.

No comments: