Wednesday, November 01, 2006

mouses

Stupid Mouse...or stupid Mice?

Well guess what happened to me today....ok stop guessing you're doing a terrible job at it.

At work my coworker, Sally, found some mouse poop on her mouse pad and after some careful investigation we noticed a wet spot. Oh yes the mouse had pooped and peed on the mouse pad. Crazy funny huh.

I like to crochet and I do it during lunch time. So I have a bag with the yarn in it on the floor in my office (I left it here overnight). I keep my purse by the bag. My phone is in my purse and I reached down to get my phone and noticed movement in my bag of yarn. Not really thinking about it much I grab my yarn bag and I see a mouse inside the bag running all over the yarn! (gross, I know) I squeal b/c I didn't expect to see a mouse especially in my bag. Sally laughs and comes to my rescue and takes my bag outside and frees the mouse. She laughs at me and I laugh at me too. Todd called me and I share the story. He didn't sound too excited about it...Maybe the same way you are feeling right now. But it is my blog and I have nothing else to write about. Anyways, after I calm down, I grab my bag. Looking inside all I see is yarn. Yeah it's gone. So I'm going to dump my yarn out and see what kind of pooping party this mouse had in my yarn bag. I turn the bag upside down, the yarn falls I see poop and then out comes another mouse. I squeal louder and say, "Oh my god, there's another one!!!!!!!!!" My feet go up in the chair, I'm yelling and Sally comes running. She investigates the situation while I am curled up in my chair. What can I say I hate the suprising factor that mice bring to the table. It's like a scary movie. The mouse is currently behind the filing cabinet in my office. We placed a mouse poison bag at one of the opening on the floor. I can hear the bag moving, I think we are going to have a dead mouse on our hand. YEAH die mouse die!! And to answer everyone's question, Yes I am going to wash the yarn! Who do you think I am? Some gross person who likes mouse poop. Happy Hunting.

7 comments:

Christina said...

I LOVED your story! I am currently laughing hysterically!!! What a great story! I also hate mice, I totally feel your pain! :) Glad you made it through your mice-filled day!! :)

Paige Ferg said...

we set 12 mouse traps...the cheese is gone and only one mouse got snapped. there could be more.

Andy said...

wow...that's crazy! you have some bold mice. i think you should be scared of mice that are that aggressive.

Adam Harshman said...

Why are mice so frightening? I mean, when was the last time you heard of a gang of mice vandalizing property, or mugging an old lady, or even violating a city ordinance? Mice are getting a bad rap from stories like this. After all Walt Disney did for mice, it's attitudes like these that bring our society back to the dark ages. If you're going to be afraid of something, be afraid of campaign ad writer...it sends chills up my spine just thinking about it.

Andy said...

adam, i guess it might have something to do with the bubonic plague and various other diseases that mice and rats have helped carry and contribute to the killing of many millions of people throughout history. i know campaign ad writers have been known to carry rabies as well, but usaully a non-lethal form.

Adam Harshman said...

See it's just this kind of misunderstanding that leads to stereotypes. Those plauges were caused by vapors and swamp gas. Any good biomedical scientist knows that!

Mooskers J. Featherbottom III said...

Storing corpses in their drinking water sure didn't help any, either.