Thursday, November 09, 2006

What's in the Pantry?

Have you ever looked in your pantry or like me the cabinets and noticed it's full of food but nothing that goes together? Oh yes!! Last night Todd and I decided to pull all the food out of our cabinets and the freezer and see if we can get rid of the food without buying any more. That was fun. We found some cans that expired in 2004. (Trash) We put together a calendar with our meals. Today I am eating a Heathy Choice dinner for lunch and Todd is eating some leftover fish and rice. For dinner we are having grilled chicken breast atopofsome rice. yum! We have lots of rice, lots of green beans and corn, lots of beans, lots of canned tuna and frozen fish, lots of noodles. So our goal is to eat everything we have in our house. Understand that doesn't mean we can't go shopping. We will still shop for certain items to complete a meal. For instance, we have corn, grean beans, tomato juice, and diced tomatoes for stew; but we still need to get the beef, carrots, and celery. And that meal will feed us for a week. I just love having leftovers for lunch. It reminds me of home!
I had nothing else to write about today so I wrote about food. Is it time for my frozen dinner yet???

4 comments:

Andy said...

It took me forever to figure out what atopofsome rice was.

Anonymous said...

I love food....what else is there?? (except for your spouse!!)

Todd said...

It took me forever to figure out what atopofsome rice was. AND I am married to you, you nut. When I finally figured it out I think I giggled out loud.

Mooskers J. Featherbottom III said...

Paige, you might want to watch out - apparently Carlye is trying to make a move for your husband... her words, not mine :)