Thursday, November 30, 2006

Electricity and Beyond

How important is electricity? hum? Well let me tell you. Electricity is sooo important that it went out 3 times at work this morning and by the forth time it never came back on. Oh did I mention that was in an hour time frame. Oh yes, you get up early and go to work by 7 AM and to have the other accounting dept to come in at 8. By that time the power was not coming back on. We called the owner and said the electricity was out and it was out around our area. So he sent us home!! yeah. (And for the readers who are not around the area, let me just tell you it is nasty outside. It's cold, rainy, soon to be freezing rain, soon to be snow. And the town of Springfield looks abandoned on the streets.) Electricity is sooo important, if you don't have it and the weather is bad you get to go home from work! How awesome is that?!! Awesome I tell ya! It's like a win win situation. I'm home, I don't have to work today, and I get to spend all day with my husband curled up watching movies drinking hot chocolate!! It's just too bad we are both not feeling very well, so I'm sure we will be sleeping some too and eating chicken noodle soup (yum).

Now for the Thanksgiving celebrations from the past weekend. How awesome was Thanksgiving? The weather was beautiful. I didn't wear a coat or jacket all weekend. Us sisters went shopping on Friday and I wore a big sweater, by noon I changed...actually all us girls changed into our new shopping shirt. You might of seen it, It's red and says "naughty" on it. How great is that. The boys were proud....especially my dad. hehe The first store we went to was Kohl's. We ran around and I found a few items, then we looked for the end-of-the-line. Uh I couldn't find it. The store had every isle full of people in-line to check out. Crazy. So I called my hero Todd to see if he could get those deals online....um yes he sure could. So I dropped the merchandise and we headed out of there. We went to Sam's b/c Elizabeth had to get lots of diapers and formula for Logan. Let me just tell you there was nobody there. Maybe 20 people total shopping in Sam's. Ok that never happens. Needless to say we all found some stuff to buy there. Then we headed home for a minute to check on the guys and to unload the car, then off to Target. That was a mad house. We didn't get in any fights or see anyone fighting. It was just major crowded. After Target we headed for some lunch at Panera with the family. That is were we showed off our new shirts. I don't know why everyone kept looking at us like we were naughty or something.

Oh let me tell you about the feast of Thanksgiving at Ben's house! Holy Cow Good!!!!! Smoked Turkey, baked Ham, Mashed Taters, Gravy, Stuffing, Sweet Potato Casserole (almost like a dessert), corn, bread, cranberry stuff, pumpkin pie, and pumpkin cranberry bread. I think that was it. Next year we will get him bigger plates! Now for the Walls Thanksgiving feast which was at Branson in our condo. Turkey, stuffing, Taters, gravy, green beans, G'ma Mac's Bullhorn rolls, cheese cake, pumpkin soft cookies! Oh yeah that was good too! And the answer is NO I haven't checked the scale to see how "good" the holiday was for me! I'm not that crazy.

Well this is longer than my other blogs so I will say bye. I just figured you would have time to read this since your electricity might be out!

Happy Snow Day --- it is now sleeting.

2 comments:

Andy said...

I like the new format. Looks good. I'm also sorry to hear you and Todd are both sick. I really hope it's not from me. Anyway, enjoy the snow and I'm sure I'll see you soon! (Now it feels more like Christmas.)

Mooskers J. Featherbottom III said...

What?! Nothing 'atopofsome rice'? I'm disappointed. Oh, well. Get to feeling better. I dig the new layout too, very chic (the one pronounced 'sheek' not 'chick', in case you were wondering :)

Durka, durka!