Tuesday, June 03, 2008

randomness

What's up folks!?! Is everyone's day going great or what? My days at work have been full of ups and downs...all in 8 hours. Quite crazy, I must say! It's not being in retail, retail is fun in its own way. You are on your feet; sometimes moving, sometimes standing still. You see something new every day; and I'm not just talking about the customers that come through the door. Even though the customers are who make us laugh. Question: Why can't people be nice and understanding?

Now on to something else....

I have now started to tan again, but don't freak yet. I am only tanning so I don't burn in Hawaii!! Once I get my base for the year, bye bye tanning bed. Anyways, today I walked into the tanning place and it was like 94 degrees (seriously). The poor girl working there had the fans going and sweat dripping from her forehead. I said, "Man it's hot in here!" (I know...Here's your sign!) And she said, "Yeah it's like 94 degrees, Good luck!" How nice was that for her to say. Good luck. What do I need luck for, I'm just tanning....oh wait now I know 1.5 minutes into it I was slipping in the bed on my own lotion/sweat. Not too sexy or fun! Let's just say when you tan you smell like burnt coconuts and today I smell like burnt coconuts and bad body odor. Nasty! Good thing I'm home by myself tonight!

More randomness....

Just a question really. Exactly how many shoes can I take to Hawaii?
Oh and another thing....I talked to a retired guy the other day, he just got back from Hawaii, and you wouldn't believe what he said. Well he said it was expensive. No surprise, but he said that for lunch he ordered a club sandwich...18 bucks. oh yeah, we are going to be so broke after this trip it won't even be funny. Or we will not eat and just be really skinny! Either way we will have a blast! It's like once in a lifetime opportunity to go with all your family! Mom, Dad, Rance, Eliz, Crystal, Haley, Todd and me!!! What a blast!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hit up the local store (not ABC)for shoes. We bought flip flops here in Dec for like $20 and we got there and I got them for $3. Have fun! Can't wait for the pictures. ~ Heidi

Anonymous said...

Any trip requires a minimum of 4 shoes. Flip flops. Tennis shoes. Casual shoes. Dress shoes. Sometimes you need multiple colors of these basic categories. But be careful, I hear the airlines are charging for checking more than one piece of luggage! Rachael