Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Plane ride


Mom, Dad, Todd and I took a Air Venture Tour from the sky yesterday! It was a lot of fun. A little challenging at times since it was a little plane and we could feel every bump. All in All none of us would probably do it again but it was a great chance to see the island and learn a little extra about it. We were able to see places that we can't drive to.

We were a little higher up than a helicopter would be, but helicopters make a rougher, noisier ride so we chose the right adventure. The plane we took was small and quite and was slow (we flew at a speed of 90 mph almost the entire way) which enabled us to take better pictures. Each of us had our own bubble window to look out and see.
Dad was in the front by the pilot, he really enjoyed that! Mom and I were under a wing so some of the pictures I wanted to take were a little challenging due to my seat. But I think I still got some good shots. Enjoy the view from the sky!
One of several waterfalls. I could look up the name but I'm on vacation so I will do research later! lol

Can't remember what this cool cave thing was called. But I'm sure it has been in a Hollywood movie. We saw the beach where Six Days and Seven Nights was filmed. I took a picture but can't remember what beach it was....will keep trying to remember.
I love coffee!!!!! And so does Hawaiians! This is only part of the huge coffee bean fields on Kauai.


This is our condo from the air. Look for the big red X. ***side note about our place....We have a nice view of the mountains and golf course. The pool is just a few feet away (far enough so we don't hear everyone, but close enough we can walk). The beach, however, is a little further than what we are use to when we usually go to the beach. Usually we are parked on top of the sand and the beach. But we have noticed that there are really no condos parked on the beach around Kauai. We like that in a way. The beaches aren't as crowded as usual. Just a short drive to several different beaches. And most of them have the famous Hawaiian Shaved Ice for a nice cold treat! yum****now back to the plane ride!

Oh yeah, so the turbulence was a little much for a girl that doesn't do roller coasters well....me. I had a couple souvenirs from the plane ride. I ended up puking 3 times, but only needed 2 doggy bags! wow, a trip I will never, never ever forget!
**another side note. If you click (or double click) on the picture itself then it will enlarge and you can really see the awesomeness of the island! *
I hope I am not boring you with all the updates! It will help me remember what in the world we did here!

2 comments:

Steve and Janet said...

Hey, Paige,

Happy Anniversary to both of you; what a wonderful way to spend your anniversary. Your pictures are beautiful and make me jealous.

Wishing you both the best

Janet Krawitz

Anonymous said...

You got sick on the plane? You poor thing!!!