Friday, June 27, 2008

Bitter Sweet....maybe just Bitter

As I type my last blog on the island, everyone around me is packing or eating the last bits n pieces of food we have in the condo. French Toast and eggs anyone?! Today we check out of our condo and all pile in the Jeep and Charger with all our luggage for our last day in Kauai. Most of the time I am ready to go home....however, if I just stayed here forever I would be very very happy. So I think I will just eat from the earth and become a "naturalist" or as Hawaiians call it a "bum." actually I couldn't do that but I could live here! Yikes! I really don't want to go home and feel the heat and humidity and know that paradise does exist! So I ask all my blog readers to Please Please visit the Island Kauai Hawaii. The flight may be a little more $$ than what you would usually spend on vacation but this is not just a vacation. This is a dream come true! So yes I'm bitter, I have to leave. But I promise I will return! Warning Todd, another trip to Kauai is in your future!

Now for the last few days that I have not had time to blog. Here is an update. Lots of fun stuff and probably once I get back to the mainland I will blog some more.

Todd and I took a little time to have a sushi picnic at the beach. Crystal and Haley also joined us but they parked their towels closer to the water. Crystal turned around to say "Hi" and she said, "Paige, Turn around there's a rainbow!!" And you know my sister isn't quiet so everyone at the beach turned around to see it! lol Then we all wondered....rainbow means....rain!!! And it started pouring down rain! What a wonderful sushi picnic...just b/c we already had the sushi eaten!


Dad had a little business to do in Honolulu so he brought mom along. And as most of you know, Mom has a titanium knee (from her knee replacement) and sets off all the alarms at the airport. Poor Mom....she gets treated as a criminal before each plane ride.


Rance attracts chickens! I just think it's hilarious!!


Luau begins with a tram ride around the park. It was full of beautiful botanical gardens and chickens, and goats, and pigs (underground), and fruit trees.


Reserved table for Walls party of 8 front and center! The girls later learned that if the flower is on the right, it means your single; if it's on the left, your married or have a boyfriend; if the flower is in your hair, you don't know! So the girls switched the flower for it to be in the right ear since we are all taken!

My beautiful sister!

The show was great. We were a little tired by the time the show began but the motion of the hips were overwhelming! Wow, I've gotta learn how to do that....but I might break something! Eliz took this picture of the guy twirling fire!


We planned on taking a little boat ride to see the sunset and to see the side of the island that you can only see by boat. It was a great ride. Unfortunately you cannot be pregnant so Rance and Eliz could not go. Instead they traveled the back roads and saw a wild pig and deer. The rest of us went on the trip and we all took motion sickness meds before we boarded the ship. :)
Mom and Dad at sunset on the boat!

The rest of us watching the sunset. Oh and let me add....you get really wet on the boat. Todd and I and Dad and mom were drenched and might I add the sea is also salty!

There will be more stories of Kauai Adventures when we arrive in the mainland and get back to our usual boring lives! lol

2 comments:

Christina said...

I LOVE all of the pictures you have shared while you guys have been away!! It makes me feel like I am kind of with you!! :) What an amazing trip!! I can't WAIT to hear all about it when you get back!! Love you!!

Todd said...

Paiger,

Thanks so much for the great week. The trip itself was great, but you made the whole experience absolutely perfect. I couldn't have asked for more. I would love to head back to Kauai with you sometime in the near future, and who knows we may decide to stay. Thanks for 6 awesome years!