Monday, January 19, 2009

Night Owl

Take 2 (11:44 pm Monday night)
I just wrote a blog...a long blog...only I was thinking who in the world would actually finish reading this...delete.....I will spare you! Actually just a rewrite about what I deleted...hopefully it will turn out better this time around.

After 2 nights of falling asleep after 2am, I am up wide awake again. Tonight we tried hitting the sack around 9. It was 10:47 before I knew my brain was not in sleep mode. Todd is sleeping and I am trying to be as quiet as I can...however I am fascinated by the sound the keyboard makes and I am really astonished by how fast I can type.

Sitting silently downstairs all I have to do is listen. Listen to the sounds of the night. The clock ticking tick..tick..tick. The keyboard. The faint sound of tires driving 60 on Back Beach Road. The Florida wind whistling by the windows. The palm tree leaves wrestling in the wind. The crackling of the roof. The sound of Todd turning over to rest on his other side, he breathes slow, luckily no snoring. It's a comforting sound..all the quiet sounds...so quiet yet so loud.

3 comments:

Rance, Elizabeth, Logan and Emma Walls said...

You are so silly! We have been going to bed at 9 trying to stay "caught up" before Miss Walls gets here.

Christina said...

I love this post! I feel like I am there with you!!! I can't WAIT to see you and hear all about your life in Florida!!! Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

You sound like a natural writer they way you describe the night! Maybe you should think about it! :)