Saturday, January 10, 2009

Homesick


Can I just say that being homesick is something I go through everyday. Even when I lived in Springfield I was homesick. It doesn't matter how close or how far away you live from your family, if you don't see them everyday you feel a little empty inside...or at least that's the way it is for me. My heart sinks knowing my sister is moving into her new beautiful home today and I can't be there to help out or jump up and down with her. My heart sinks to know that Logan is turning into a little young man more and more each day and soon a big brother. My heart sinks to know that we missed all family Christmases. My heart sinks to know that Grandma Mac's cancer is back and I can't cry on my mother's shoulder about it. It just kills me to be away. My heart hurts. My eyes sparkle from the tears. My head pounds from holding back the emotions. I hate being so far away. I hate being so far away from the sad times and from the happy times. I love the beach. I hate the miles from the beach to my mom's house. I'm homesick. I'm homesick. And I'm sad about my Grandma.

7 comments:

Christina said...

I love you Paige!! I am so sorry about your Grandma!! I will pray for complete healing for her!! I miss you SO much!!I was atually thinking today how I could use some of "Paige's Family" time!! It is always SO much fun to hang out with you and your family!! We always feel immediately welcome!! And I miss hearing the family updates!! :) You have an amazing family...one that loves hard!!! I can't WAIT to see you VERY soon!!!! :):)
P.S. Crystal and Hailey bought a house?!!? whoo-hoo!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Paiger

I know it must be tough sometimes, but God is always there to comfort us. What are some of the things you like about where you guys live at now?

lisawindsor said...

I know "exactly" how you feel, with the terrible accident my brother just had. Him being in critical condition I wish I was in FL with MY family!
My sister text mess me Sat night, "look outside at the full moon, it's so bright!" I went outside and had a nice conversation with her about the same moon we were looking at at the same time!! How cool is that.
Remember that OLD song, We all live under the same big sky...or something like that.
Times like these are hard no matter what, but I hope this helps you some! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I completely understand how you feel and feel the same way alot. We have lived in Phoenix almost 4 years and I don't think it ever gets easier. When I was pregnant with Colin it was so hard for me knowing my family were all in Cabool. Knowing all my cousins are back there growing up and I don't get to see it. It will get easier but you will never get rid of that homesick feeling.

Anonymous said...

Nicely written, sister. I just want to give you a big hug! You're in luck...less than 2 weeks til a heaping dose of family!

Rachael

Carlye said...

It does get easier. I would call myself kind of an expert on living far, far away from my parents. It has been almost 10 years that we have not lived in the same state. Weddings...funerals...birthdays have passed...but what you will all learn to do during every second that you do get together--you soak up every memory, every laugh....every smirk...everything. I realized some time ago that I am away from them for a reason and have embraced it. Then, you will fall in love with SKYPE...or any other video calling service...windows instant messenger is good as well.

I am not sure you wanted all of this verbage, but someone told me this info once and it really helped me.

Carlye said...

And I am also so very sorry to hear about your Grandma. We will be praying for your family.