Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!! It's Turkey Day!! Today is my favorite Holiday....I think....I love most holidays so I don't really know which one is my favorite. But maybe today is my favorite Meal during the holidays! That would be true! And after Todd and Paige's first Thanksgiving by our lonesome, we will see if it feels like Thanksgiving or not. Ok, here's the low down or down low or the scoop poop. We don't get to see family today, but we do get to spend each minute with each other. Which means no work, low stress, no miles, our own home cooked meal, loungin' around relaxing day!


Now for the meal! My work gave me a 13 pound turkey!!! That means we get to have turkey for Thanksgiving! Ummm that means, I have to learn how to cook roast bake a turkey for Thanksgiving.....AHHH. After quizzing all the customers that came into the bank yesterday, I think I know what to do...or at least I took the easiest route from a foreign guy who says he used to be a chef somewhere. We have a turkey and a method and Todd was in charge of getting the insides out as I stood by holding out the trash bag! yuck. Needless to say I am not making Ben's wonderful Giblet Gravy. But I will miss all of Dad Ferguson's WOW meat and side dishes! He knows how to put on a great Thanksgiving FEAST! We will miss the celebration and love and laughter.


My friend and ex-coworker in crime Sally, and her family were visiting her dad in Alabama and decided to drive a couple hours and meet me! How exciting! It was so great to see her and her hubby and her daughter! We had a nice lunch, saw some alligators and then walked on the beach. We disturbed some birds and at times I felt like we were in the movie "birds" and I was a little scared...for a second at least. It was really great to see her and hug her neck. It kinda makes me feel like we are not that far away, just a few miles, a few hours away from our Family and friends.


We miss everyone and hope that you have a great Thanksgiving! Don't forget to relax and enjoy each minute! Gotsta go check on my turkey! Happy eating!

3 comments:

lisawindsor said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! Haha I had one of those scary bird moments once too walking on the beach!!

Christina said...

Love you, miss you! Love you, miss you! I hope your turkey day was lots of fun!! I am sure you totally nailed the turley recipe, you are a pretty amazing cook!!! :)

Rance, Elizabeth, Logan and Emma Walls said...

I definately missed you on Thanksgiving! And I missed Dad Ferg's great meal, only been once, but it was SO GOOD! I also missed shopping with you, it isn't the same shopping with Rance. He wouldn't wear the Naughty shirt with me! =)