Thursday, May 01, 2008

The Unexpected

The best part about going into work is the unexpected. Who do I get to work with today? Who do I get to deal with today? Are we going to be busy or slow? How many times do I have to small talk about the weather? More importantly, what are my plans after work? But tell me what happens when something so out of the ordinary of "work" happens at work? Well for me, I smiled and smiled and was able to brag about it all day to everyone at work! Oh yeah, Monday I head into work and what is waiting for me at the Customer Service hut, a bouquet of bright red tulips, and the best part, my name was on the card! And the second best part, I wasn't expecting it! It wasn't my birthday, or anniversary, or because there was a fight or argument, NO. It was because well, as he put it on the card, "I am so proud of you. I love you! Todd" And then the questions arrives...Proud of ME? Why?

So I called to clear that up. And he said, "Because you're an awesome wife, and Amazing at Life." Now how often does someone, anyone, say that to you or anyone for that matter? I love my husband because he is so awesome and for being so clever and so stinkin cute at being my husband! And yes, a smile was plastered all day at work and after work, well that was awesome too! ;)

1 comment:

Christina said...

WOW!! What beautiful flowers!! What a wonderful surprise!! :):) Hope your new job is going well!! :) Love you!!