Thursday, May 08, 2008

OMGoodness, It's Grandma's "Quilt"


My Grandma Walls made several Scrap Quilts. Scrap Quilts defined as a thick blanket with multiple prints and shapes. I have several of them that she had made. It's always a reminder of how crafty she was, even though she never thought she was crafty. The blankets were so warm and fun. Just checking out the different "vintage" patterns in polyester is fun! It wasn't till the other day when I was looking for a blanket to curl up in that I grabbed one of Grandma's! So Big! So Warm! So Comforting!
Then Todd and I had a date night and we were walking up to the Fish House (Bass Pro's Restaurant in Branson on the lake) and I saw Grandma's Blanket....but it wasn't my Grandma, it was someone else's grandma; and it wasn't a blanket, it was a jacket! Too cool. So I held my camera down and snap a shot so no one knew what I was doing! (lol) An exact replica of the style, but I guess Grandma Walls wasn't "as crafty" as this other grandma. And of course grandpa's outfit is a classic!
Thanks for letting me share and reminisce.

No comments: