Monday, May 10, 2010

Coin Jug


Growing up my parents had this really cool big glass bottle full of coins. My dad would throw the change from his pockets and my mom would empty out her coin purse in the big bottle. Every so often Dad would get the coin bottle and dump it out on the floor and us kids would sort through it. Pennies, nickles, dimes, quarter, half dollars piled up waiting for us to separate, count and roll. Dad would have us check for wheat pennies and check the year. It was so neat to see how multiple coins could turn into dollar bills. Looking back I wonder if this was Dad's way to get us to quiet down at the end of the day or so he didn't have to roll the coins by himself.

It intrigued me enough that I have always tried to put my change somewhere. In a vase, a jar, and car cup holder but I would always dip my hand in there so I could wash the car, do laundry, pay for toll roads, Sonic Happy Hour, important purchases! We now have a bigger jug and my hand doesn't fit inside! It's a little harder to fill up since we don't use cash much, but we are on our way. Saving for something, we just don't know what. Any ideas?

3 comments:

Cory Dean West said...

A trip with the Wests to somewhere only crazy married people with no kids can go to. Whaddya say?

Unknown said...

paint and glider for a nursery ~Heidi

Rachael said...

we save our coins for vacation money! although...it's never enough for a trip, just for spending money!