Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Dreams

As most of you should know, Todd and I are moving to Panama City, Florida! And we are excited and a little sad to leave. Todd is already down there training and finding us a place to stay with hopefully enough room for our visitors too!! I am doing the packing here, which isn't too bad, I really thought it would be worse, but I'm surviving. Since I am alone, with no one snuggling in bed with me, I have time to dream and think. Here are a few dreams I have had lately....now these are weird but I thought they were shareable!

Dream 1
I find out I am pregnant and instead of me telling people, I think I can hide the "pooch" for a while. Like my "plan" is to not even tell Todd until I am comfortable and have everything "figured out." Unfortunately, the next day my belly is as big as a 7 month old preggo belly...so cat is out of the bag.
And I wake up.....and pee my pants b/c I don't know what that means....however I try to reason it. (note: I am NOT pregnant...promise)

My Interpretation of Pregnant Dream:
I had just got done doing maternity pictures for my good friend Tara. Her belly is adorable and huge and I was staring at it in photoshop....which means it was huge on my computer. AKA big belly on my mind. My other thought was that everyone I know is pregnant right now. I could list everyone but I won't...however I can honestly count 10 off the top of my head. Wow that's a lot of baby presents for me to start saving up for! lol

Dream 2
I was packing up/loading the truck to leave for Florida (not too out of the ordinary since that is going to happen sooner than later). I sit down and daydream....and realize that I am actually leaving Missouri again. I am leaving my family again. I am leaving my friends again. I am leaving all 10 of my friends that are about to have new babies. I am leaving my comfort of knowing where everything is, what road to take to get to whatever store I want to go. I am leaving being 2 hours away from Cabool and my family. Leaving what I have known for 26 years. And I am leaving right after my 27th birthday. So I sit there and think of all this that I am leaving and I start to cry. (let me say that I have not cried about moving to FL yet) Then *in my dream* I think about the beach and the waves and the white sand and the boats and the sharks and the crocs and honestly I get a little excited and nervous. I'm going to live in a place that I have never seen. But in all the sadness I am honestly excited and looking forward to start a new adventure with my love. And I start to get happy again and the tears are not of sadness but of joy. Tears to know that I am about to partake in a new way of living, a new life with sunscreen applied daily and relying not only on Todd but fully on God. I dream that He is going to be closer to us than ever before. I don't dream that I wish that, I pray for that.

Then I wake up....and realize that that wasn't just a dream about my daydreaming but reality and that my dream were my thoughts. There is no interpretation of my dream because it is true. I am sad to leave. I am crying on the inside and need to start crying on the outside. I am extremely sad to leave yet extremely happy to go. I really can't explain it, I know some family and friends must think we are crazy to relocate so far away, but truth is we want to do this to try to find "our town," to find our "home." At work we have this book called "14400 reason to be happy" and after we made the decision for Todd to take the job and for us to move, I read the one reason that I try to apply to my life each day: "open minded uncertainty" is a reason to be happy. Just think about it. We don't know what to expect in Florida, but we are keeping our hopes up and we are ready for whatever God throws at us.

Please keep us in our prayers as we press on with our decisions that not only affect our lives but the lives of those we love! Thank you for being understanding or at least loving us unconditionally no matter what our address reads.

3 comments:

Christina said...

AWESOME post!! Thanks for sharing it with us! We love you guys SO much and are excited to see how God will BLESS you as you serve Him in Florida!!! God bless!!

Rance, Elizabeth, Logan and Emma Walls said...

You have to stop posting stuff like this....I am already super emotional and you are making it worse! See you tonight!

Anonymous said...

I love your post! I can't believe you are leaving again! However, you can't beat Florida if you do have to move. Adam and I are so excited that we will get to visit you guys on vacation in September! So, save us a spot in your busy schedules.