Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Do you smell Cookies??? Or is it Cinnamon Rolls!?!?

Ahh ha! The wonderful aroma of Homemade Cinnamon Rolls and Chocolate Chip Cookies baking in the oven has filled the Ferguson house for the last 2 weeks. Oh yes! And to much surprise we have not eaten them all ourselves! I went on a big...HUGE baking spree for Relay for Life. Instead of walking for the cause; I baked....Todd and I baked. As noted on Todd's last blog he and his work (Gap) were raising money for Relay For Life and that is what we did. So I brought in samples of some yummy treats and everyone gave me an order...several orders. The end result was 9 dozen Cinnamon Rolls, 8 dozen Choc Chip Cookies, Peanut butter balls, Oreo balls, Buck-A-Roos, NoBake Cookies, and White Chocolate covered pretzels kept me in the kitchen for 2 weeks with donations totaling over $400. How awesome is that?!!?!! It sure did make the nights on my feet up to my eye balls in flour sound a little better! I'm not sure on the actual Total that Gap employees raised but I do know that Gap is going to match $1 for $1. So we really raised over $800. WOW! Praise God! I'm sure Todd will post on the ending total...if he ever gets around to posting again...hehe

On a different note, Todd and I will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary this Friday!!! What an adventure it has been thus far! I can't wait to see what the next 5 years and the next 30 years bring us. Babe, I love you more today than yesterday...of course yesterday you had dinner ready for me when I got home....and today you are working late....but I still love you more than I did yesterday! I appreciate all you do for us! You bring me such happiness and love. I don't know what I would do without you! Thank you for loving me and treating me as your beautiful bride. You are the greatest! LAFY
To celebrate our anniversary we are headed to Wichita KS for the weekend. maybe an update of the fun stuff when we return.

2 comments:

Steve and Janet said...

Hey - Todd & Paige,

Just wanted to say "Happy Anniversary"! You two are a very special couple. Wishing you nothing but happiness and joy!

Janet

Anonymous said...

Paige,

I am so glad someone is blogging still! I can't believe you did all of that baking, sounds yummy!

Hope you and Todd have a great Anniversary! Happy 5 years!